Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Fireflies

I've been seeing a lot of fireflies this summer.  More than I've seen in YEARS, even at this house that I pretty much grew up in!

About a month ago, they were even coming around the windows - the first one I saw was when I was just about to fall asleep, and I see this winking in my window.  The second one was while we were hanging out in the living room.

I think they are my dad giving me signs.  They aren't ALWAYS out there, but every few nights, we'll see probably a hundred, winking at us all at once.

Last night, we saw the most I've ever seen out there.  They are all winking within a matter of a few minutes.  But, when I went back out there, about an hour later, they were gone.

Its almost like he's reminding me every once in a while that he's still with me.  These occurrences are falling in intervals where I feel lost and wish he was here.

No comments:

Post a Comment